Consider our guest and their steps in building a podcast relying on a PLN. Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course? If yes, how? If no, what limitations exist?

Our guest Mo Amir considers Twitter as an efficient platform to engage in the local community and meet local people. It provides direct communication with a lot of people helps him create networks. But I don’t think my PLN can be used to develop my future professions, at least not now. There are still some limitations to it. I’m not ready to create any qualified content. I am not professional enough in the Economics field now. PLN requires bidirectional interaction. So, I need to equip myself with more knowledge in my PLN before it can contribute to my professional development. This is the learning part of PLN.

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

Mo Amir’s podcast was greatly benefited from his PLN. However, my PLN is still not inclusive and professional enough to be relied on. But I believe that after a few more months of developing, it can be stronger. To become reliable to open professional opportunities, it depends on the network part of PLN and needs accumulative efforts. There is still a long way to go.