Topic: Economics

How would you create a PLN prior to engaging a social media campaign on a topic of your choice?

A massive and wide PLN can boost the thread and influence of our future social media campaign. So, creating a PLN before engaging in a campaign is extremely important. In the field of Economics, a PLN requires not only objective facts and statistics but also rational and subjective ideas. Under the tag #EconTwitter, many professionals build and take part in their PLN by expressing their thoughts while referring to and commenting in other tweets. Sometimes there could be a debate on a specific topic where they think differently. And these kinds of activities help to enlarge the PLN and spread our thoughts.

Choose a topic, consider your audiences, and consider how you would create a social media campaign leveraging your PLN.

As an undergraduate student of Economics, my audience could be either some undergraduate in Economics or people interested in Economics but not in this field. Considering this, I would like to create a social media campaign that is less academic but more practical and acceptable for amateurs. Also, a recent widespread event could be the core discussion point of my campaign. People are more likely to participate in my campaign if there is something they are interested in or related to. For example, my campaign can be #EconLifeInCOVID. Under this hashtag, people are encouraged to share how is their economic life influenced by COVID-19. Then, people with professional knowledge can analyze their cases and provide some advice to help them out.